Vianord Engineering, a global leader in Advanced Automated Flexo Platemaking Systems, is unveiling today the reasons which prompted the development and introduction of the enhanced Evo 3 ELF New and EDLF New, which are intend to make any existing combined exposure, dryer and light finisher units obsolete; irrespectively of the brand or the manufacturer.
Responding to savvy consumers who want to continually simplify their operations and manage their investments while responding to the market needs, Vianord Engineering developed and introduced the new Evo 3 ELF New and EDLF New.
Small ideas that have real measurable impact
The Evo 3 ELF New and EDLF New are combined units to expose, dry and light finish plates up to 90 x 120 cm (36” x 48). The Evo 3 EDLF New consists of an exposure section, a 4-drawer dryers and light finisher. The Evo 3 ELF New is purposely designed for thermal flexo plates and therefore doesn’t have a drying section.
The adoption of new technologies coupled with ingenious solutions, allowed for performance, accuracy and ergonomic design improvements, which increase plate quality, consistency and maximize productivity by reducing operator fatigue and discomfort.
Riccardo de Caria, strategy advisor at Vianord Engineering, commented “People often think of innovation only in terms of “ground-breaking” and “drastic” changes. That is certainly a definition for innovation, but there is a bit more to be said. In my experience, focusing on a series of reasonably small improvement ideas that have real measurable impact over the bottom line of my customers is as important as coming up with a big invention.” Riccardo concluded, “Vianord Engineering is employing only the most innovative technologies available to continuously strengthen its position as a leading company in engineering, manufacturing, and distribution of Advanced Flexo Platemaking Equipment by providing customers with solutions they truly need and ask for”.
Highlights for both Evo 3 units are:
- Pneumatic lid that automatically opens and closes, to minimize operator fatigue
- Zero-flicker, high-quality and high-efficiency fluorescent tubes to be able to image the finest details on any flexo plate
- Light integrator for accurate UVA emission at about 30 mW/cm2
- High efficiency lamps cooling system
- Fibre optics sensors for UV “lamp on” detection
- Closed-loop water cooled exposure bed, with improved heat transfer efficiency, which contribute to a uniform and constant temperature regardless the exposure time
- Perfectly smooth contact to the exposure bed for both for analogue (a vacuum system) and digital/new generation flexo plates
- Auto-combined UV post exposure (simultaneous/consecutive/ or delayed)
- Dryer pre-heating
- Additional software features, to maximize operations efficiency
Highlights for the dryer sections are:
- 4 self-closing sealed dryer drawers, to prevent any air outflows
- Newly designed heating and air circulation system, to maintain optimal drying conditions