DuPont Advanced Printing (DuPont) today announced a revolutionary new anti-counterfeiting film for packaging, DuPont™ Izon® 3D security film. This new film utilizes industry-leading DuPont imaging technology and enables the integration of overt anti-counterfeiting features directly onto product packaging or labeling. The new 3D security film will be featured at the upcoming drupa 2016 trade fair, to be held May 31 – June 10 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
“Embossed holographic films are typically used to apply anti-counterfeiting features on packaging. However, embossed holographic films are widespread and it is easy for counterfeiters to copy,” said Peter Waker, global marketing manager, anti-counterfeiting products, DuPont Advanced Printing. “Izon® 3D security film utilizes a patented DuPont imaging process to create a look that is clearly differentiated and truly 3D.”
Key benefits of the new Izon® 3D film include:
- Clearly Visible, Unique 3D Features: The unique side dot validation design makes it easy to verify full parallax 3D imaging.
- Bright Holographic Red Security Icon:A clearly recognizable holographic red “lock” image is embedded to enhance http://farmaciaitaly.com quick authentication.
- Disappearing Image: The holographic image disappears when the label is viewed off-angle, an advanced security feature that is unlike traditional embossed foil holograms.
- Optional Transparent Construction: The construction of the film allows for application directly over printed text, bar codes or other images. Printed information under the Izon® strip becomes visible when the box is rotated or viewed from an angle.
- Deep Image: A semi-covert image becomes visible “floating” in the background when using a point light source, such as a flashlight. This feature is extremely useful for field verification by brand protection teams and enforcement agents.
During drupa, print samples, demonstrations, tours and featured speakers will reveal how DuPont works across the package printing industry value chain to address technology needs and help customers achieve desired results consistent with their brand-building initiatives.
Additional technologies featured at the show will include:
- DuPont™ Cyrel® FAST 2000 TD system, which ensures outstanding quality and productivity in a mid-size 42”x 60” format;
- DuPont™ Cyrel® EASY flexographic printing plate technology;
- DuPont® Tyvek® packaging technology; and
- DuPont™ Artistri® digital inks.